Re: [MiNT] design question: gemdos/vdi/aes

Hello!

> A process opens a VDI workstation. When the process is dead, is this VDI
> workstation automatically closed or may be automatically closed (by some
> garbage feature) ? In other words, is there a link between VDI handle and
> process ID ?

This should be so. As original TOS isn't aware of multitasking I don't
know if the original VDI behave so.

> Other question: is it possible for a process to draw
> something in a workstation opened by another process, even if the process
> that created the VDI workstation no more exist ?

You should not do that (e.g. you should always only use your own
ressources).

> Same question for AES:

Same for AES. The multitasking capable AES (N.AES, XaAES and other) free
all ressources on process termination (either by explicit termination
through appl_exit or implicit termination due to a non handled signal).

> What are the rules ?

Never use any ressource that you don't own.

Ciao
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060