Re: [MiNT] Shutdown() discussion

Hello!

> > But only because you still don't want to write a /dev/aranym for these
> > features for FreeMiNT and you don't get a special syscall in freemint for
> > aranym.
>
> No, that's not true. One reason is that /dev/aranym might be an overkill
> for some purposes.

But introducing new syscalls is not overkill?

> The other reason is that /dev/aranym would force non-MiNT users to
> install TSR hacks.

And new syscalls don't force non-MiNT users to install TSR hacks?

I just want to see the difference about introducing new syscalls or adding
a new device.

> > You just wanted to write 20 lines of code and getting anything you might
> > find useful easily pushed through the emulator.
>
> Some things are better done easily at first, than never. Just IMHO.

I can't aggree from the point of software development. Early failures will
follow you for years into your dreams :-)

Ciao
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060