Re: [MiNT] Shutdown() discussion

Hi,

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> As someone wrote here, you (Aranym developers) seem sometimes a bit too
> aggressive (see Mr. Jurik mails, the last one is purely sick). As if you
> accepted every voice of critics as an attack on the idea of Aranym and your
> work as a whole. Not. Aranym is a great piece of software, its usability is

One point. Do you remember any my previous atack against somebody who
dislike ARAnyM? But I remember some "not discussions" about ARAnyM :-(

> You need speed? How move.w #xxxx,$yyyy.w is slower than an illegal
> instruction or a JSR?

JIT compiler... Look at speed of IDE and hostfs under JIT compiler. You
see how it is slower.
But I still prefer IDE emulation.

> I still remember a bit of the discuss on the Aranym list at the begin of
> this year. You (I mean the list members who participated in the discussion)
> sorta agreed, that the current solution is misconcepted and something must
> be done with it. The discuss has ended then and you did nothing about it.

OKi, dou you know some possibility? Send it to ARAnyM's developer list,
please. Or we can look at the thread you mean.

> >> It was then argued on the list, that it does not matter, because
> >> *Aranym* does not support memory protection
> >
> > ARAnyM does support memory protection for years now. Such an argument
> > would be stupid.
>
> Then you just have called Johan Klockars stupid :) because he was using such
> an argument. "OK, this is illegal, but inenforcible", since there is no
> practical MP on the emulator. And it is not, because the MMU version of
> Aranym is seven times slower, than the non-MMU version, so nobody will use
> it for daily gcc compiling, for example.

Really is it so slower? On my machine not. X-mas comming, so the time to
look at ARAnyM for me.

> --
> CVV
> Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

Btw., Mr. Pursell, there is one small problem with MacOS X. Nobody from
core ARAnyM team has access to MacOS X. There are some people on our MLs
which experiments with ARAnyM on MacOS X, did you ask for help there? I
don't remember...

And btw., Mr. Skancke, I'm happy that you discuss now. My mistake, sorry.

Best regards,

   Milan Jurik

P.S.: Now discussion seems much better. It isn't a good start of
discussion when you say on the begin No, no, no, no, no...