[MiNT] Need help with MiNT-Net..... :(

OK, I can not get either PPP or my Ethernec connection to work any longer.
Both drivers are located in the /c/mint directory, and so is sockdev.xdd.
I am using Ozk driver and also his sockdev.xdd, and it had been working
fine, but not any longer.  Now, let me give you the background......

OK, I was having some problems....  It started with trying to build Glib2
under mint, kept crashing the Kernel (kmalloc error, must reboot), cross
compiled it, got it installed, then was able to install ATK.  This was
working toward trying to build GTK+ 2.2.4, which requires GLib2, ATK, and
Pango.  Next moved onto Pango, kept crashing the kernel, could not get it
to cross compile....

So, I tried installing the 1.16a kernel.  I downloaded Draco's build, and
also did a CVS update and compiled my own.  I tried both of these, and
immediately both of them died on boot with a 'Memory Exception 4' if
memory serves me correctly.  My Auto Folder consists of just XBoot, NVDI,
Mint040, and finally WDialog.  Makes no difference if I try 000, 030, or
040 kernels.  NVDI5 loads, and then then a few seocnds later, crash.

System Config:  Falcon with 14 Meg Wizztronics upgrade (Single 16 Meg
simm), CT60 (@ 66 Mhz) with 128 Megs of RAM, 27 Gig 2.5 Inch IDE, and an
ROM Port Ethernec card.  All has worked relatively flawlessly til now.

So, I go back to 1.15.x and everyrthing works except networking.  No PPP
(I get the message saying the Kernel lacks PPP support) or net card, also
seems to have a problem running SH on boot for the FSCK.  Replacep SH,
replace the net drivers and Slip driver, and sockdev.xdd, no good.  Try
the Ethernec driver included with the CT60 kit, no good.  The drivers
program lists them as being enabled.

Any ideas?  If it matters, I am not using memory protection.  I believe it
has to be something EXTREMELY simple, but I am just not figuring out what
it is.

As far as building my own Kernel, pulled from CVS on Saturday, used the
060 optimized CC1 and the regular CC1 with the same results.  GCC 2.95.3
was the version used.

Anyway, I have RPMs built for Glib2 (untested execpt by ATK) and ATK
(untested except by Pango), and was about to try to build a GiMP package,
and a perl with the GiMP library built in statically, besides Pango.  Also
have Leafnode compiled, but so far it is untested.

Thanks for any help/advice!

Keith