Re: [MiNT] Toswin2 Bugs

Hi,

sorry, I missed the start of the discussion (and in particular who »MD« is...).

guillaumed@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
Ingo Schmidt wrote:
 > Hi!
 >
 > MD> I'd like to volunteer to attempt to fix toswin2 bugs
 >
 > That is GREAT! I think there are lot of issues with Toswin2. Actually
 > it is great, but I there are a lot of things that could/should be
 > changed/fixed/added:

In 2001 I had already done major changes on Toswin2 but they have never made it into a release because of some very annoying show stoppers. As far as I remember, the state was:

I was very close to xterm compatibility, most xterm tests passed.  See

http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freemint/tools/toswin2/vttest.txt?rev=1.6&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

for details.

My idea was not to improve the tw100 or tw52 terminal emulation but rather emulate xterm because TERM=xterm will work on almost any machine. Maybe you have a look at the CVS version before you start hacking.

Ciao

Guido
--
Imperia AG, Development