Re: [MiNT] This fight

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 02:32, Odd Skancke wrote:
> Functionality added to kernel is GREAT, but it should be generic so
> everyone can use it

right.

> Availability of many of these new generic features may depend on DRIVERS.

right.

> Example, I plan to add GSXB to the kernel.

Good idea. ARAnyM uses GSXB, IIRC - an implementation from Didier
(ZMAGXSND).

> there is still no way to play a goddamned sample if there is no DRIVER to
> driver, for example, the ES1371 you have. GSXB is the generic
> functionality, ES1371.XDD is the driver. See?

And the above mentioned ZMAGXSND uses NatFeats so the very same driver
can run on other platforms that support NatFeats. See? I don't claim
that ES1371 could be built on top of NatFeats, though. I don't know
ES1371.

Petr