Re: [MiNT] Shutdown() discussion

V Čt, 11. 12. 2003 v 22:42, Lonny Pursell píše:
> If aranym is going to suffer a performance hit to do something a legal
> way, then that is a problem with aranym.

Good point.

> Or do you intend to write TSR hacks to handle this as well for non-mint
> users?  You leave magic hanging out to dry and you will have even more
> people not impressed.  If I use these call I will effectively force someone
> to a TSR?

Another good point.

> Can someone also give real figures on how many people even need this?
> So far I estimate 3.

Actually I don't know about anybody that would need this. It may be
needed one day when FreeMiNT with virtualized memory is released but
until then there is no real need.

> I guess what I'm asking is there even significant demand to bother
> with this in the first place.

There is not. But it was nice to see the MiNT list alive again, wasn't
it? :-)

I'll move with some technical details back to ARAnyM or EmuTOS lists
since I don't feel like bothering MiNT list readers anymore.

Petr