[MiNT] You Aranym developers

>> As someone wrote here, you (Aranym developers) seem sometimes a bit
>> too aggressive (see Mr. Jurik mails, the last one is purely sick).
>> As if you accepted every voice of critics as an attack on the idea
>> of Aranym
>
> Feel free to point to certain people. Milan also didn't say "you MiNT
> developers".

I don't see anything bad in the phrase "you MiNT developers" (or "you Aranym
developers"). Don't you develop Aranym? You do. So you are the developer.
Don't you are you? You are. So the "you Aranym developer" applies precisely.

Except perhaps that "you MiNT developers" does not precisely apply to
myself, because I am not currently developing anything ;)

Seriously, if you dislike "you (Aranym developers)", please teach me a good
way to use the pronoun "you" without explaining "(Aranym developers)" so
that you'd precisely know that I don't mean only one person (Petr), but the
Aranym team as a whole. Have I to write "thou" in singular, and "you" in
plural? 8-)

> We tried hard to come up with something better but we didn't succeed.
> Sorry. The current TOS software base use certain ways and we simply
> used it similarly.

Even if it was pointed out thousands of times, that placing pointers in the
Jar is bad idea.

> For plain old TOS it should be forgivable, I hope. For
> MiNT I proposed kernel/library wrappers.

Then some guy writes a program for TOS (using Cookie, the easiest way and
moreover approved by you in the doc and supported with C header
definitions), sees that it does not work under MiNT and of course will say
that "MiNT is broken" or "not compatible"; shortly, it will be MiNT fault
again, that someone invented a broken standard again. If the program is
really useful, we will have to allow it work this way, and spend hours later
on writing hundreds lines of the code just to justify it and make safe. If
this isn't enforcing broken standards, I wonder what it is?

> Konrad, haven't you noticed that we don't enforce anything?

See above.

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est, aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to już natura pospólstwa, albo służalczo się płaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie się panoszy. (T. Liuius XXIV, 25).