Re: [MiNT] Uploaded S-Lang 1.4.9 Lib and PTH 2.0.0 to AtariForge.....

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Jan Krupka wrote:

> I built links as well (precisely elinks). There is trouble that links
> is hardcoded to vt100. It works perfectly with TosWin2 set to tw100 with
> environment variable TERM set to vt100.
>
> Jan

Ah, so it does work in an Xterm then.  I am surprised that it is hardcoded
as such.  Right now I am building an RPM (hopefully it won't fail again)
for the regular release of Links (0.98), and just cross-compiled Glinks to
try to see if it works.  I also have Elinks as well!  :)  I will see if I
can get RPMs built for all 3, and see which seems to work the best, or
just pop them all online.

Is it worth pursueing this program further to get it to work with Vt52 on
the Atari's console or is GEM good enough?

Anyway, I have been working on getting BOA to compile, which is a very
small webserver (and still toying with my Apache RPM script here and
there) but am having issue with mmap, which I need to sort out.  If people
want to run a web service on there Atari, and it has a 68030, maybe less,
BOA might be the way to go.

I'd actually be doing more, but I have been in development hell trying to
cross compile Mozilla Firebird for a Sparc Solaris 2.5.1 target.  The
actual machine for this program has an outdated GCC, and I'm not allowed
to upgrade!  In the same vein, I have been trying to get a MiNT target
setup, but I don't know enough about threads to do it.  To tell you the
truth, it might not be to hard to get it setup just from looking at the
setup for every other OS in the source, I just don't have the knowledge.