Re: [MiNT] XaAES & the wheel

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Henk Robbers wrote:

> On Thursday 28 August 2003 01:02, Henk Robbers wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have installed XaAES 0.970 from xaaes.atariforge
> > and cannot wheel the windows anymore.
> >
> > I have the latest wheel supporting Milan VDI
> >
> > v0.963 works OK
>
> OK, the setup tells: no wheel support
> I have browsed the CVS sources and bootup looks OK
> I saw
> HAVE_WHEEL set to 0 in the whlmoose.c
>
> I would very much appreciate a whlmoose.xdd in xaaes.atariforge.net
> so MILAN owners can use the wheel of their PS2 mouse.
>
> I implemented it and it worked, I can assure you.
> The implementation was such that every existing GEM program
> that has window arrows reacts on wheel turns as if the arrows were
> clicked.

 Perhaps you could make sure it works? Right now I'm a bit busy on another
project plus I have never actually tested a wheel-mouse on my Milan. I
dont think I have the TOS that supports wheels either. So if you who knows
how it _should_ work could fix this, I'm sure a binary with wheel-support
will appear on xaaes.atariforge.net in no time ;-)

 If you cannot do this, we just have to wait until I, or someone else, get
around to it.

> For the rest of course, excellent work so far.
> I got really stuck on the button handling.
> I didnt like it and got impatient.
> And then there was always enough to do on the AES functions. ;-)

 Thanks :) But the button handling is better, but not perfect. Keyboard
shift/ctrl/alt status should be included in the mouse packet, for example.
 I'm thinking separate drivers for pointing devices and keyboard, which
even the VDI should use. I think great things are in progress :)

--
 Regards,

 Odd Skancke - ozk.atari.org - http://assemsoft.atari.org