[MiNT] peers file

I got a lot of help on this, so I should post it with comments.

This is what I finally got to dial and connect with my dialup
server.

/dev/ttyS3
115200
crtscts
modem
defaultroute
usepeerdns
novj
passive
noauth
0.0.0.0:
user jimd1
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -f /etc/ppp/pppchat -r /tmp/connect.rpt"

The lock command is in the options file
novj is what man ppp says to use, although -vj may also work

The key command is "passive" which I have not seen mentioned
other than in man ppp. Without it, ppp hangs up before link
negotion starts.

And, while I have been told that a symbolic link involving this
file is necessary, it is not required on this TT.

The underlying reason for using usepeerdns was to avoid trying to
convince some unknowing help desk person that Atari machines can
be used as unix boxen. This gets the DNS addresses and writes
them to the file you would otherwise have to make up yourself, or
let EasyMiNT do it.

Thanks to everyone who helped, and that is quite a few people

Jim

--
 /"\      Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |