Re: [MiNT] Telnet?

Hello!

> The point is that the telnet program has nothing whatsoever to do with
> VT100.

Yes, telnet have absolutly nothing todo with nthe terminal emulation you
speak here all the time.

> I do not know off-hand where to get sources for BSD telnet. I'm sure you
> could find them on the net. But getting these sources will do absolutely
> nothing to help you with your problem.

The sources are freely available on many places. Just look on:

http://www.netbsd.org/
http://www.openbsd.org/
http://www.freebsd.org/

for more details on http/ftp/cvs/sup download.

You can for sure also order CD's of this stuff if you don't want to
download it. There is extensive documentation and links about this on the
mentioned websites.

> What you need to do is get a terminal emulator that supports VT100. Like
> toswin, or screen.

That's the problem, TosWin2 don't support 100% vt100.

The remaining questions:

How do you login into your remote host?
There do you set the TERM variable?

I think your problem is that you don't understand how the login mechanism
via telnet works.

Ciao
   ...Frank

--