[MiNT] Ghostscript HP ijs driver

Recently there was a discussion in comp.sys.atari.st about the (lack of)
support for modern printers in combination with Atari computers. The
latest NVDI printer drivers are already outdated.

I sometimes use xv to print color pictures on my HP deskjet 3820. I use a
little script that calls Ghostscript for printing xv's postscript output
on my deskjet. The results are sometimes better than with Papillon or
Gemview + NVDI. I also use gs to print music scores, produced with
abcm2ps.

But photo quality is not supported - yet.

If someone would put some time into compiling a new Ghostscript version
with ghostscript-ijs driver support for FreeMiNT that would open new
possibilities. With the ijs driver new printers from HP will be supported,
without the need to compile a new Ghostscript version. If I have
understood the ijs concept correctly that is.

I don't feel confident enough to try porting a bigger project like this
myself. But if someone is interested: why not give it a try ?

Martin Tarenskeen