[MiNT] fVDI TTF issues

Hi!

I've been playing with the FreeType engine for the fVDI. I've designed it
as a wrapper (user space application). Now I know it was totally wrong
idea to be able to get it work under FreeMiNT.

The problem is that the FreeType (normal SpareMiNT RPM package) uses
normal system calls to load the font glyphs. These system calls are issued
from within the interrupt and are performed in the current process
context. Which means that e.g. Fseek() begins to operate upon a
filedescriptor that is not known to the current process (each time
different possibly).

Is there some way how to make the system calls use a specific process
context? I need to call the freetype from the wrapper application context
despite the fact that it is hapenning in the interrupt handler (VDI call).

If this is not feasible then I can see only one way: Port the engine as a
kernel module. It would probably be the most clean solution with regard of
the VDI calling convention design... We should make the fVDI kernel module
as well.

Any corrections? thoughts? opinions?

regards

STan