Re: [MiNT] possible silly question.

OK, understood. It is difficult, or at least takes time, and is
not going to happen. I suppose that everyone else who has an sbin
directory has found another way to move that RPM file around.

And, of course, there is no limit to how long a file name might
be, so if you did make bigger buffers, they would never quite be
big enough.

This did motivate me to look in a Gem function reference to see
if there was any other way to read a directory using an operating
system call, and it seems that Dreaddir() is the only way, and
yes, you are right, it does not work in a useful way for things
that are too long for a buffer.

But I am still waiting for you to stumble over the large detailed
file of the Thing logo, and send me a copy. It is a neat program,
and I want to make a t-shirt of the logo.

Jim