Re: [MiNT] XaAES

On Mon, 26 May 2003, Thomas Binder wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 10:43:10AM +0100, Joakim Högberg wrote:
> > However, clicking the desktop area will top the desktop.
>
> That way, the desktop application can no longer handle single
> clicks on the desktop itself. Is that really a good idea?

 I seem to be a bit confused as to how N.AES handles clicks on the
rootwindow (desktop). Under N.AES, single left-clicks on empty desktop
areas brings Thing ontop. Right-clicks opens up Thing's popup.

 Seeing this, I made xaaes pass all clicks to Thing's event handler.
However, left-clicks now did not do anything at all. I thought Thing
topped itself. Right-clicks behaved just like under N.AES.

 I ended up checking which button was was pressed, and if right button,
just returns to Thing's event handler. If left-button, check if icons,
etc. was cliced, and if not, top Thing.

 What is the right way to handle this?

--
 Regards,