[MiNT] XaAES bugs/ideas

Hello everybody,

I am glad to see intensive discussion about the XaAES theme here. I have also
like to present some bugs, questions and ideas to improve this great AES.

Questions:

- Will the non-working control+alt (solved by Petr Stehlik at Atariada) and
strange behaviour while resizing by left and top margin (uncovered by STan at
EIL) fixed in the next version?

- Wasn't XaAES designed in such a way to avoid stopping other applications
while displaying menues and dialogs? If so, then this does not work any more.
I would like to see an AES working in such a way that FalcAMP does not stop
playing when I open the file selector in qed.

Bugs (?):

- After I switch to TosWin2 by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Tab or through the XaAES's
system menu the shell window does not recieve key presses. I have to switch to
TosWin's console window and back to shell (by Alt+w twice) and everything is
OK. When switching to TosWin2 by clicking on the top window bar or using
taskbar, there is no such problem.

- XaAES freezes when I click on 'Get Mail' in aMail's menu. The original XaAES
process disappears and a new one (with higher PID) is created. But the new one
is stopped and all applications sleep. This is not cruccial for me (I use
fetchpop instead), but it could show the way when a problem is. And there is a
possibility to talk with aMail's authors (short time ago they said they will
continue the development).

- After I exit XaAES after it was launched from console, I am unable to start
it again before reboot. When I try to do it, just
rename: 'u:\proc\xaaes.79' to 'u:\proc\AESSYS.79'
appears and Falcon totally freezes.

Suggestions:

- It would be nice to have AES fully controlable by keyboard, including menues
(arrows) and dialogs (tab, shift+tab, space, ...)

- When there is an error during launching XaAES (rsc missing etc.), XaAES
prints out the message and reboots immediatelly. Please put there a 'wait for
a key' to help beta testers to tune the configurations.

- What about XaAES and i18n? I have nearly finished the translation of its rsc
files to Czech. Maybe there will be other translations. How to use them? Just
overwrite English rscs? What about /usr/share/locale/*/RSC/ as GEM-init use it?

- When talking about GEM-init, I am still unable to force it to run with
XaAES. Shall I try it further or will XaAES have its own tool of
authentication? E. g. I need to start desktop with user privileges because of
NFS connection to my Linux server (having same UID on all machines)

Best regards,

Bohdan Milar