[MiNT] XaAES 970a

Hi,

I tried XaAES 970a binaries from the "unofficial site".

I must say that there's good progresses from OZK and FNA :-)
The display and erasing of the mouse is much better (comparing
to 963 version). The selectable, and non-exitable buttons
are better handled (with 963, you had to double click to
select those buttons). Globally, things are much better.

I noticed a problem that I had already talked about in this
mailing list, though.

The objc_edit(...,ED_END) that should erase the editable
field cursor when pressing up or down arrow keys, is not
erasing the cursor. You press the up or down arrow key
when you want to go from an editable field to another.
Then the cursor becomes active in another editable field
and is erased in the previous field. The system call
objc_edit(...,ED_END) should erase the cursor, but it
doesn't with XaAES.
It should erase the cursor by redrawing the editable
object that is concerned. With XaAES, it does something.
In fact, I noticed that objects around the editable field
are erased (they should remain unmodified ...). So,
objc_edit() does something. But it does it wrong ...

I'm sure that not many people noticed this problem. In fact
it only happens when you handle boxes yourself, and that
you don't use form_do() system call. This is the way that
I have usual boxes, but multitasking friendly, with my
Eureka software. That's peculiar ... But that's a very
tricky problem. You would never know which field you are
editing !

I hope that I'm clear enough in my explanations.

Best regards,

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org
mailto:lecoat@atari.org