Re: [MiNT] Kernel tests

>> Simply accept the new feature as being useful for >someone, even if
>> you
>> yourself think it is a "nonsense".
>
> I never suggested it was nonsense,

Your words: "Doesn't make sense to me at all".

If something "doesn't make sense at all", that wording means, that "this is
a nonsense".

> just that I don't find that the
> implementation is ideal. It would seem neater to have it launched
> through a config,

Everybody, who has an idea, is always encouraged to go and implement the
idea in the MiNT kernel, by coming and writing code. Everybody means "you
too".

However, your words about 'config' reveal that you basically don't
understand what all this is intended for. Namely for no config or broken
config. In other words, if your config is OK, your kernel will (should)
never try to load the shell, or launch the internal one.

> Yes, but that does make some sense, as these are modules loaded, and
> are loaded as they have a certain file extention (XDD, etc). Just my
> 2 cents.

The XFS/XDD modules are loaded, when they are present. And, as you have
seen, they have some filename convention. I'd be very grateful, if you point
out any functional difference between this and the 'sh.tos' (which is
loaded, when it is present, and also has some filename convention).

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est, aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to juz natura pospólstwa, albo sluzalczo sie plaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy. (T. Liuius XXIV, 25).