Re: [MiNT] package maintainance

Guillaume Déflache <guillaumed@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

>> 1) [...]
>> Something like apt-get in Debian.
>
> apt-get has been ported to handle *.rpm files (i.e. it uses rpm instead of
> dpkg)!

That is not apt-get, that is a script wrapper around rpm which does wget
(or similar) of rpm packages.

>> 2) [...]
>> Something like dselect/aptitude in Debian.
>
> These should be usable too as they (should?) sit on top of the former...

What you really want is Debian based on mint. There is a project at
http://debian-mint.nocrew.org/, but it hasn't been updated for several
years. I've been meaning to pick it up, but haven't had the time. I have
bootstrapped a cross-compilation environment and many of the basic
utilities.