Re: [MiNT] Cookie Jar problem

Hello!

> > I don't aggree. Ssystem is a system call. If the system call destroy
> > something the kernel have for sure a bad bug. Every process have still
> > it's private cookie jar.
>
> I apparently don't understand the idea then. Please explain.

Hmm, that's your own idea that every process have it's private cookie jar,
or? If Ssystem() update all cookie jars from all applications and the
master cookie jar then the new cookie jar is known to all applications, or
not?

> If you say so... I just thought that an XDD can place the STiK cookie into
> the (kernel) jar, alloc a global memory block with m_xalloc(), and fill it
> with whatever data the STiK needs. The cookie would then point to the
> block. The rest could become the same as it is now. Why this is
> impossible?

This is exactly the same as the current gluestik.prg at the moment do.
Just with the advantage that you can load and stop it.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060