Re: [MiNT] OSMD release

Hi!

Nice to hear about this distribution as this might be the very one to
install a minimal RPM driven base without any GEM setup programs.

I didn't manage to try it out so far.... :(
Small suggestion follow anyway...

May the archive name contain the version number (on the WEB)?

Is it likely the it would be able to install the SpareMiNT directly from
the ftp (like: rpm -i ftp://sparemint.atariforge.net/pub/sparemint/sparemint/RPMS/*.rpm).
So that the only thing I need to run on my client is a working mintnet
configuration and not having to have all the RPMs locally?

Maybe a cooperation/improvements in CrippleMiNT installation (the mintnet
minimal distro). I would suggest to install the CrippleMiNT and than
seemlesly change this into full SpareMiNT via the OSMD for example. This
would be very valuable e.g. in LAN environments where I simply have the
RPMS somewhere and I would want to install OSMD on some other machine
there.... (notebook, whatever).

regards

STan