Re: [MiNT] Xaaes on cvs, but where ?

On Čt, 2003-03-13 at 00:32, Henk Robbers wrote:
> Thers are lots of people around that would be very happy when they can
> maintain to compile XaAES using their Pure C on their real Atari.

Hopefully it will be possible to compile it both with Pure and GNU C.
That's the goal, I think. C code can be written that way - see the
various libraries that are compilable under all Atari C compilers.
Not sure about the assembler, though.

Even if it wasn't possible for some period of time (during the
conversion) it would still was easier for someone with PureC to get GNU
C (which is available for free) than for someone with GNU C to _buy_
Pure C (which is still commercial).

If you, Henk, has your new C compiler finished (and it was available for
free), things could be different but right now I think that the GNU C
conversion of XaAES is required in order to allow more people to hack on
it.

> Please do that later.

right now the situation seemed good since there wasn't much activity in
XaAES (apart from the french guys). Doing it later could disrupt even
more people since the freemint CVS is widely used, I think.

> Or in a branch.

Not sure if a branch would be suitable for this kind of source code
adaptation.

Petr