Re: [MiNT] Cookie Jar problem

>> BTW. the reason why the STiK protocol is used instead of MiNTNET, as
>> I many times heard on the IRC, is: "because MiNT-Net has gluestik".
>> So the protocol is so widespread (?) partly "thanks" to the
>> existence of the gluestik. Usual self-growing paranoia.
>
> In my case, and perhaps a few other people.  Personally I have
> gluestik installed simply to use one application, that being my own
> irc creation.
> I'd gladly recode it for mint-net, however I have 2 problems.  One
> it's not coded in "C" and two, my compiler will accept "C" libs but
> not from gcc.
> My compiler can link dri format, like purec generates.  So if the mint
> socket stuff could be ported to purec I could drop the stik support
> entirely in my irc application.  The other option would be to learn
> "C" under gcc
> but I don't see that happeing.  ;-)

Yet another option is to prepare an SLB socket library (since we don't
currently have "true" shared libs, but a "not true" one is enough for that
matter), that would use the appropriate TCP stack, and provide an unified
interface for applications. Such thing (SLB) canbe even loaded under TOS,
thanks to Julian's SLB loader. I assume this can be used in GFA?

CVV

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur (Liv. XXIV,25)
** Taka to juz natura pospólstwa, albo sluzalczo sie plaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.