Re: [MiNT] GEMLIB ready for test

Hi!

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Standa Opichal wrote:

> > > Heh... I find it not very clever idea to put a completely new cflib RPMs
> > > compiled on my working setup. I have to create a clean SpareMiNT only
> > > setup to be able to compile the RPMs to be distributed. E.g. I have the
> > > mintlib compiled always freshly from the CVS version and this would be
> > > linked into the cflib IIRC, right?
> >
> > No, libraries are not linked against anything. Libraries are just some
> > object files. Only the header files can influence it, but that doesn't
> > matter as the API is stable :-)
>
> Oh... sure. I just forget to think a bit :(
> Simply .o files archived with ar... yes. Sorry for that stupid notes.

$rpm --rebuild /usr/src/redhat/SRPMS/gemlib-0.42.99-20030216.src.rpm
> linking....
make[2]: Leaving directory `/d/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/gemlib-0.42.99/gemlib/.lib'
make: ../mintlib/malloc.c:169: free: Assertion `s == q' failed.
make: *** [normal] Abort

I only have the SpareMiNT packages installed (on demand as the compilation
needed it)... gcc, gcc-devel, binutils, make ... all from the latest SpareMiNT RPMs.

Please, someone, try to make the RPM from the CVS.
just:

$ cvs -d:pserver:cvsanon@141.44.198.58:/usr/local/cvsroot co -r mgemlib-gemlib-0_42_2 lib
$ cd lib
$ make dist-gemlib
$ rpm -ts gemlib*2.99*.tgz
$ rpm --rebuild /usr/src/redhat/SRPMS/gemlib*2.99*src.rpm

regards

Stan