Re: [MiNT] Runtime AES application name change?

Hi!

On 13 Feb 2003, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> On Čt, 2003-02-13 at 09:28, Standa Opichal wrote:
> > I need to change the 'THING   ' one (the AES apName). I've just looked
> > into the XaAES. It creates this name from the u:/proc/ entry
> > So the only way how to change this is to create the AES extension.
> > > Pexec(104, (char *)"foobar", basepage_ptr, 0L); starts new process with the
> > > name "foobar" visible after you do "ps".
> >
> > This is not what I need, but might be useful otherwise.
>
> IIUIC then this is exactly what you need since "foobar" in `ps` is the
> /proc/ entry which in turn is used in appl_find.
>
> Correct me if I am wrong.

The XaAES reads the /proc/ only in the appl_init() call....
Oh... OK so Pexec(104,"foobar",...) and that appl_init().

That would be it. Thanks for kiking me up Petr. ;)

regards

STan

PS: The other thing I wanted to discuss is the AES support of
long filenames (e.g. in the appl_find). Any proposals?