Re: [MiNT] FAT: can't delete file

If all else fails, there is always Discus, or Claus Brode's disk
editor program. A deleted file has a "!" as the first character
of the file name, and a disk editor can be used to put one there.

If that does not do it, that file name has been interpreted as
the identifier, date and time stamp and file type information for
one or two files. Something went wrong when that file was written
to where it was.

I have not tried changing file types with Discus. On a FAT16
partition, you can do this with ICD Cleanup, and Discus should be
able to do it too.

Jim