Re: [MiNT] keyboard tables again

Hello!

> > Having just go an EtherNEC I started to update some files on the TT.
> > I compiled a fresh binary for the TT.  When I boot the current kernal
> > it halts at the point where it handles the keyboard table file.  It
> > was missing, and appears to freeze.  Copying a tbl file into /mint
> > causes it to work.  Is this normal on a TT or should it be reporting
> > a missing tbl file?

It should use the BIOS table if the tbl file is missing. Can you run a
debug kernel and see what happens?

> Definitely it doesn't report missing tbl file, it should silently switch
> to the default one (unless someone changed something there).

Yes, I changed this to the much more logical behaviour of using the
existing BIOS tables if the keyboard.tbl file is missing.

I also changed some other things inside the loading routines there I'm
sure that are bugs. Maybe you take a look.

> I know it to be painful :-) It would be useful generally to have a (open
> source) program that would generate such a table and be GUI driven.

The tbl files are just some plain data, nothing complicated.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060