[MiNT] MintNet/EtherNEC

I'm trying to set up MintNet for the EtherNEC ISA bridge on my Falcon CT2b...
Everything seems to function properly...I'm just a bit confused on routing table
and ifconfig issues.  Hopefully someone here can point me in the right
direction.  Beyond the sparse man pages for route and ifconfig in the EasyMint
installation, I'm at a loss as to how it all works.

Here's my delima...
The EtherNEC is connected to a Vigor2200 USB ADSL switcher, which also serves as
a dhcp server for a small network (4 ethernet ports).  The Vigor is set to use
192.168.1.1 as the 'gateway' in your computers connected to the LAN...I'm
guessing this is called NAT?  At any rate...under STing, and also on my PC,
setting 192.168.1.1 as the default gateway and the DNS resolver works like a
charm.  Under MintNet however...this doesn't seem to work.  The ifconfig shows:
en0 addr 192.168.1.8 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadaddr 192.168.1.255
The routing table shows:

default 192.168.1.1  gw 192.168.1.1 l01
192.168.1.8 l01
192.168.1.1 en0
(then all the normal 127.0.0.1 loopback stuff)

When I try to set a destination address with ifconfig for en0, it says no can do
(I'm assuming it should be 192.168.1.1 to the NAT/routing part of the switcher).

The behavior is this...
I can ping any ip number outside my LAN (on the internet), and
if I use the REAL internet DNS of my internet provider, rather than the
192.168.1.1 as described in my switcher's manual...I can ping and connect to
anything on the internet via domain names; however, computers on my local lan
(I.E. 192.168.1.10, my XP windows box, and yes...arp is set in windows to
recognize my EtherNEC, and the Windows firewall is set to trust
falcon:192.168.1.8) will not ping...the swither blinks showing that the EtherNEC
is sending packets...but they just dissapear.  Using the NAT 192.168.1.1 as my
name server doesn't work.

I did finally get something on my LAN to ping like so:

route add 192.168.1.10 en0 gw 192.168.1.10
ping 192.168.1.10

As an example...
Under STing, all I had to do was this in the route table.
0.0.0.0    0.0.0.0    EtherNet    192.168.1.1

How do I get this same basic config under MintNet?

All this is rather wordy...
I guess what I'm trying to ask is...
How can I get MintNet to default to use this switcher's re-routing and dns
funcions on 192.168.1.1?

Finally...I see how to set the mtu value for a device with ifconfig.  Where in
MintNet would I check for other TCP/IP values like Max Recieve Window size,
etc...???  I'd like to make sure they are optomized for my network card and LAN
swither.

Thanks,
Brian