Re: [MiNT] [DSBL-Contact] Re: Is it quiet or is my email broken? :) (fwd)

Maurits van de Kamp <maurits@bassment.nu> writes:

> On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Rik van Riel wrote:
>
> > The reason multihop.dsbl.org is separated out is exactly
> > because blocking multihop relays is too extreme for most
> > people. If we'd throw the multihop relays into the main
> > list we'd get problems, now everybody can choose for
> > themselves whether to block multihop relays or not.
>
> Ok, this sounds very reasonable. Then it's just the MiNTlist being silly
> for using the multihop list. :) If we'd test all the ISPs of the MiNTlist
> subscribers, I think our moderator will have a lot of work to do. :)

As you can see, mail is not blocked based on a multihop listing. If your
mail server is listed on the multihop list (or on a few other lists),
your mail to the list is moderated. This effectively stops all the spam
to the list that gets past the filters or blocking lists. This incident
is the first false positive I've seen. multihop.dsbl.org doesn't get a
lot of hits in the first place, but gets more than list.dsbl.org. I
wouldn't dream of using multihop.dsbl.org for direct blocking.

Further discussion on this should be done off the list.

--
 tjhukkan@fishpool.fi