Re: [MiNT] mint 1.16.0

> I'm still getting error messages but they don't hang the system anymore:

> 	pid 0 (MiNT): opening a global handle (U:\pipe\sld)
> 	pid 2 (sld): MEMORY VIOLATION type=super
>
> This probably has to do with inet4.xdd, since without this driver I don't
> get these messages. But with it installed, it gives the above messages.

Yes, this shows up on some setups and it is an indication of a bug in
either MiNT itself or inet4.xdd. I have no clue if latest Frank's works
have to do with that - I just didn't have time to test the most recent
compile I have :/

> When I try pppd it proves that something has gone wrong, showing the
> following message:
>
> 	pid 66 (pppd): Opening a global handle (U:\dev\ttyS1)

This is nothing wrong, this is some sort of debug stuff the 1.16 kernel
does.

CVV

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
draco@atari.org                             http://draco.atari.org

* Ea natura multitudinis est:  *  Taka to juz natura pospolstwa: *
* aut seruit humiliter,        *    albo sluzalczo sie plaszczy, *
* aut superbe dominatur.       *        albo bezczelnie panoszy. *
                     (T. Liuius XXIV, 25)