[MiNT] Sparemint logo

Hi,

Since my first attempts to install Freemint/Easymint/Sparemint, MiNT users
all over the world have helped me a lot. Now is the time for me to do
something nice and useless back in return ;-)

When booting easymint an ugly welcome message appears saying:
"Welcome by Sparemint" coming from the file /etc/rc.d/rc (or etc/rc).
Immediately I thought: I can do better than that.

Now I have created 12 different versions of the original Sparemint logo,
as designed by K.Ellis converted and edited to be shown on a text based
terminal. The "pictures" (now in fact text files with some escape codes)
can be viewed using the "cat" command in a shell. I have replaced the
welcome message in the rc file with a "cat" command.

Now, on my system, when I boot up and my rc file is executed, I'm welcomed
by the Sparemint logo !

You want to give it a try ? I have put my creations on my website for download.
It's not a big file, just about 10K. Let me know what you think of them, here
is the URL:

http://www.home.zonnet.nl/m.tarenskeen/sparemint.textart.tar.gz

Martin Tarenskeen