Re: [MiNT] Re: RPM 3.0.2 for MiNT

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Guido Flohr wrote:

> Such a setup comes closest to the situation on a real Unix, and therefore
> comes closest to what rpm expects to exist.  (It would be better resp.
> cleaner if the kernel supported such a setup by a mint.cnf directive like
> "ROOT=g" which would cause g to be the root partition, and all paths on
> g: would automatically exist on u: too).

Another way would be if MiNT automatically symlinked the "virtual" folders
(dev, shm, proc,...) to the rootdrive selected in the UNIXMODE. Then if
you set the rootdrive to an ext2 partition instead of u:\, things would
almost work like in other unices. :)

This is a thing that also occurred to me during the discussions about
hiding the drive letter folders from u:\. I think it should be possible to
select a root partition like F:, set your UNIXMODE to /brFs and symlink
the folders you *don't* want to hide from u:\ to f:\. And then ignore u:\
alltogether.:)

Maurits.

--

 |                 BassMent Productions - Freedom of creativity!|
 | Music productions - Projects - Internet presence - Webdesign |___
 |                     http://www.bassment.nu/                  |  |
                             |      http://www.muzikanten.nu/      |
                             | Het muzikantennetwerk van Nederland |