[MiNT] Memory protection and modules (1.15.12)

Hi everybody,

I just installed FreeMiNT 1.15.12. Finally, this is the first version since
1.15.5 which works smoothly on my Hades060... if I exclude XControl which always
finds a good reason to run then disappear silently. <G>  But I think this is due
to some crappy CPX's...

Well, I got a big surprise. After all the fuss around the boot menu introduced
with version 1.15.10... it disappeared. Why? I thought that everybody agreed
that a name change was a very strange way to set a kernel option.

Any way, I got the memory protection enabled and some program just explode
because of it. That's why I ask my other question in another message. But I
wonder if I am the only one to have encountered some nasty problems with the
memory
protection and the last modules?

The ext2.xfs has problems which lead fsck.ext2 to discover a lot of errors on a
perfectly healthy --always unmounted by shutdown-- filesystem:

	Inode XXXXX is in use, but has dtime set. Fix?

	Inode XXXXX (/sbin/xxxx) has bad mode. (02004) Clear?

	Block bitmap differences: -XXXXX -XXXXX ... Fix?

	Free block count in block #XXXXX. Fix?

And it erases files in the /sbin folder where it is launched from. I reinstalled
several time my /sbin folder but it made no difference. That were always the
same programs which disappeared.

I don't know if fsck.minix would have hallucinations too... It's part of the
disappearing ones. (I tried very hard... I reordered my /sbin folder... but
that's always the same!

I also reinstalled the ext2.xfs and minix.xfs which were released with version
1.15.10 but they don't stand the memory protection either. I got exactly the
same problems.

The weirdest thing that I encountered is to see my /var folder vanish from U:/
because no symbolic link can be defined after fsck.ext2 had finished its trip on
acid. That definitively weird because the no-link problem occures only with
/var.

I just can't understand what happened. This doesn't look like a memory violation
(fsck.ext2 should explode and disappear) but a memory corruption.

The AUTO programs which "touch" the memory and which I use are GEMRAMH
(Hades-only version) which puts the ROM in RAM, that MMU tool which initialise
the 68060 MMU tree (Can't remember the name right now), then FreeMiNT.

So... What's the problem? FreeMiNT doesn't support 96 MB of RAM... the 68060...
or the whole Hades? All I know is that the RAM isn't faulty. I already used
Photoline to flood it with a bunch of pictures which didn't get corrupted any
way.

So what?

See ya,

Remi Villatel