Re: [MiNT] OT: Falcon HW reg question

Petr Stehlik a écrit:
> >From what I've seen in TOS 4.04 it seems like Combel is able to detect the
> amount of ST-RAM memory in 512 kB 'pages'. So perhaps we could have 10 MB
> of ST-RAM (useful for NOVA graphics and other things). If only this was
> better documented.

I've seen in the Falcon developper documention that there is a mode in
which the videl can work with 16 bits memory. This was done to release
256 kb and 2 Mb falcons. This could give 8 Mb falcons too. This was
never used as then the videl eats twice the memory bandwith it uses with
32 bits... I don't even know if the rest of the falcon hardware supports
this.

> that brings another question: where's the NVRAM documented? bit by bit?
> I've seen guy on usenet that utilized 24 bytes from the NVRAM for more
> secure rand() so he must knew the internal structure of NVRAM.

I thought this was described in the Compendium...

Xavier
--
Xavier Joubert (Xaz) - Nantes (France) - mailto:xavier.joubert@free.fr
Falcon 030 + CT2b + 68 882, 14+32 Mo, 3.2 Go IDE, Mitsumi IDE 12x