Re: [MiNT] MiNTs direction.

Hello!

> Still you cannot look at the original UNIX code without the UNIX
> licence,

This isn't interesting at all. Why look into an oldtimer if the modern
variants are freely available?

> Nevermind, this isn't very important. The point I'm trying to make is
> that UNIX is not as open as people might think and the fact that it

And, to be exactly, UNIX is just a registered Trademark ...

> might be difficult to get the source code shouldn't stop anyone from
> stealing or borrowing good ideas from other systems or applications as
> long as copyright and patent laws aren't violated. BSD would never have
> gotten this far without looking over the fence from time to time.

Ever read the BSD license? You can use this src as you like and, very
important compared to the GPL, you can use this src code for commercial
purposes too.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--