Re: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

Hello!

> > Oh, just a question: Why not move all hardware stuff into the AES? This is
> > the fastest way at all! Why not move all hardware stuff into the
> > applications? Then they are fast as demos ...
>
> Please, I never said that and you know it.

Sorry, but why stop at keyboard/mouse if this is such a good idea?

> There is no cross dependence You need one central mouse/keyboard event
> handler. That is all. In fact, if you draw a process graph you see that
> it is strictly acyclic.

Ok, how do use the system without the AES/VDI/server/whatever then? If the
underlying GEMDOS nothing ever heard from the keyboard ...

There is a strict resource conflict ...

> Now that was what I wrote in the last mail, wasn't it? And if you do
> that (which you get if you implement parts of the AES as a device
> driver) you would never eliminate all context switches as you need to
> switch to the end AES application.

Yes, one context switch. And?

> Most modern OSes such as NeXTSTEP, Plan9, BeOS and even NT pay special
> attention to how the mouse and keyboard is handled and associates it
> with the windowmanager.

I see no difference to the traditional Unix/X11 system. Mouse & Keyboard
are associated with the X11 server there.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060