Re: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

> Using the hardware directly (AES as a super device driver)
>  1. ACIA occurs and is handled the AES
>  2. AES decides which application should get the event and wakes the
> applciation up. (one context switch)

And to handle the ACIA interrupt, AES process muist steal the interrupt
vector and point it to own TEXT segment. Thus the text segment must be in
supervisor accessible memory (1), and when the AES dies, the vector starts
to point to invalid memory and the system crashes down when next ACIA
interrupt occurs (2).

No, thanks. We exercised this too many times already.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.