Re: Holger W. will mind (Re: [MiNT] kernel 1.15.10b fragmentation)

> > Ever considered taking over its development from the author? If
> > you fixed something and it did not required any efforts from him,
> > he just might be willing to let you have it.
>
> Holger is willing to give out the sources to one single person (at least
> he was).  But when asking him, I wouldn't tell him about the
> reverse-engineering of ST-Guide ... ;-)
> He's a little peculiar sometimes.

Well, with sources or not, I guess I will be able to fix this anyways.
Having the source code (which should be ported anyways to a compiler
before doing anything else) would only have the advantage of easy
identification of the DATA/BSS variables. I have already identified a lot
of them anyways. And a lot of routines, including the ones which probably
come from the statically linked specific Holger's library. I can't say the
library - or at least the functions linked - are terribly unusual: strcpy,
strcat, strlen, AES and VDI primitives etc.

As for the code analyzis, I don't see any difference between C and
assembler.

Of course, it would be great if blyp could replace the ST-Guide
completely. In this case I will drop hacking ST-Guide and would be rather
willing to contribute to the blyp.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.