Re: [MiNT] Re: more on ppp problem.

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, [iso-8859-1] Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Frank Naumann wrote:
>
> > Which baudrates are wrong?
>
> All SCC baudrates.  They are stuck at 499999 bauds, using
> RSVF-capable software.  Also, neither /dev/lan nor the
> corresponding ttyS show up, using your driver.
>
> Ozk's driver shows both serial2 and lan, but only Modem2
> baudrates can be changed; lan/serial2 are also stuck at 499999
> bauds, on both of my TT's.

Hmmm... i believe I am using Ozk's scc.xdd.  One of the devices (I think
Modem 2) is missing, but I am using Serial2 (/dev/ttyS3) for the
connection.  It worked at 19200, and it's working ok at 38400.  Soon I
will try raising the speed somewhat.

> > > Your drivers only work well with your own port of PPPD, but not for
> > > terminal logins, also.
> >
> > Never got an error report of that.
>
> Please read the list's archive.  I already posted about that a
> while ago.

On another, unrelated question, since there appears to be no /etc/issue
file, how does one change the login banner?

thanks,
   noah silva