Re: [MiNT] 1.15.10 (fwd)

> Coding applications for atari is a challenge, we want everything to work
> everywhere which is simply not possible.

So, if you want to work it everywhere, you make it a challenge for
yourself. TOS 1.02 was UNSUPPORTED even when the Atari Corp was alive,
actually since the TOS 2.0 release or shortly after. So why do we have to
suport TOS 1.02 now, 10 years or more, after TOS 2.0 has been done and
out?

Despite that, this is not educational for users. A program works under TOS
1.02, and TOS 2.06, and MiNT and anything. So the user thinks:

1. These systems do not differ, there are no major updates, if a program
   can work equally on anything (not realizing that a lot is done by
   kludgy libraries, which emulate everything they can).

2. So why I have to upgrade? My TOS 1.02 is good enough.

This way we have programs which do not use the real power of newer
machines and upgraded systems, because authors are intoxicated by the
"this must work on TOS 1.02" superstition (why not on TOS 1.0?? or 0.75
beta??). And at the other hand, the one who has this beloved 512k ST with
TOS 1.02, only plays Asteroids and doesn't even realize that programs
supporting his machiine exist at all.

Cya,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.