Re: [MiNT] 1.15.10

> Globally disabling is not the best option, as MER states above, but, if a device
> driver submenu allowed you to select which were enabled, and save that info to
> boot.ini too, then that would be REALLY useful.

This is some idea, yes, however, its realization is relatively complex. At
the other hand, global disabling of the XFS and XDD modules is very cheap,
and I saw no point in not adding that.

Now personally, the option which disables XFS is not useful on my setup,
because it would prevent the system from booting. However, blocking the
XDD load _is_ useful for me, and I thought, that making this configurable,
and simultaneously making XFS loading not configurable, would be
inconsequent. Thus two options. The XFS load on/off is still useful when
you boot to an AES directly and the AES binary and all its files are
loaded from the default XFS (i.e. FAT).

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.