Re: [MiNT] Re: TOSFS

> Coming up with an "Everything works fine here and, since nobody
> I consider respectable protested, let's remove TOSFS for good" as
> Konrad did is even far less clever.  It's downright dumb.

If you apport a single REAL reason why tosfs should not be removed, I
believe it won't be removed. Instead of that, you refuse to accept the
fact that tosfs is about to be removed (which is OK), as reasons giving
everything, but things related to the question of tosfs.

Please tell me, what MiNT TOS.XFS has to do with mythical "pre-1.02 TOS
calls" which numerous equally mythical applications use? Please tell me,
what this has to do with ext2fs? Please tell me, what this has to to with
your TT running TOS 3.06, incompatible to each other? You're constantly
talking about such stuff, but you are still missing answering the
question: where is the reason to keep tosfs? In other words, where, and in
which way, the newfatfs (with disabled vfat) is incompatible with old
tosfs. In other words, you must apport REAL examples of incompatibilities,
like:

such-and-such program, when started in such-and-such circumstances
(or always) fails, when I am running MiNT with disabled TOSFS, and it
works fine when it on a disk where the NEWFATFS is not enabled, and calls
go to ROM GEMDOS.

Capito?!

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.