Re: [MiNT] CT60 and memory protection

[We are off topic - sorry]

Hi,

Jo Even Skarstein a écrit:
> Btw. is it you who's working on the VDI for the CT60? If so, have you
> talked to Johan Klockars about it? He has probably already implemented
> all you need in fVDI, which IIRC is (or will be atleast) released under
> the GPL.

Yes that's me.

We will try to contact him to see if it's possible to ship fVDI with the
card.

Anyway, what I'm doing is a little bit different. I'm just writing a
little patch that will allow the original VDI to run with TT-Ram. This
will be included in the Flash. I'm doing this because we want the CT60
to be as Plug'n Play as possible. "Fit the card in the expansion slot,
then turn power on". That's it. fVDI means a PRG to put at the beginning
of the AUTO folder.

This patch will allow most programs to run directly. NVDI or fVDI will
be needed for drawing programs, mainly.

Anyway the patch is already working. It took me an afternoon to boot my
CT2 without NVDI. There is still some work to do and I will release it
as an AUTO folder program for CT2.

Bye,
--
Xavier Joubert (Xaz) - Nantes (France) - mailto:xavier.joubert@free.fr
Falcon 030 + CT2b + 68 882, 14+32 Mo, 3.2 Go IDE, Mitsumi IDE 12x