Re: [MiNT] CT60 and memory protection

Hi!

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 10:52:31PM +0100, you wrote:
> An option is present to deactivate PMMU use. In this mode, the PMMU
> cookie is not set, and the MMU tree looks exactly the same as the
> original Falcon Tree. Of course, because of differences between 030 and 060,
> it consumes more than 1 Mbyte, instead of 256 bytes...

Sorry, but why is it that big? On my Milan (with 80 Megabytes of RAM),
the MMU tree installed by TOS just needs a few kilobytes, as it uses
"invalid" upper level pointers for areas where there isn't any memory at
all and accesses would trigger an access fault anyway. Or to phrase it
differently, it only uses page level descriptors for areas where there
is (partly) physical RAM, ROM or I/O registers. And it uses indirect
page level descriptors where possible.

Ciao

Thomas

--