Re: [MiNT] XaAES v0.9

Well I got XaAES and tried it. It's really better than the earlier
versions. But there still seem to be many problems.

These are a few of the ones that I noticed.

It loads ok on my TT either in TT medium or in 16-bit mode on my graphics
card. However in 16-bit mode the colour icons do not draw correctly; only
a white silhouette of the icon is visible. It looks like the mask is
getting drawn to all 1's instead of all 0's or something.

Sometimes it thinks I have released the mouse button when I have not. For
example when dragging a window it will spontaniously release the window
when I have not released the mouse button. I can't figure out any pattern
as to when this occurs. (I did install the new moose driver and remove
the old one.)

Certain things are quite slow, but other times it seems to be as fast as
the normal AES.

TOSWIN2 does funny things. The window will become scrolled so that several
lines of text are invisible below the window, yet the window cannot be
scrolled down any more. Then I tried loading another program and TOSWIN2
displayed it inside the "console" window rather than opening a new window
for it. I have never seen it do this before.

I tried to load CAB and Papyrus but it this did not work; the programs
just didn't finish loading (but everything else continued to function). I
suppose this is just the result of bugs or unimplemented features, which
are yet to be finished.

But it is working much better than the last version which I looked at!

--
Mario Becroft <mb@gem.win.co.nz>  -  http://gem.win.co.nz/mario/
Atari hardware products  -  68HC08 support site