RE: [MiNT] newfatfs

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Skarstein, Jo Even wrote:

> > Can anybody confirm that setting up CAB cache on a newfatfs/vfat enabled
> > partition works? I think i had a few problems (not sure).
> >
> Yes, it works just fine, atleast with the MiNT-Net OVL and Baldrick's OVL.

very good

> > Also I think i had problems with longfilenames which were the same until
> > the last characters; such as:
> >
> > my_image_gallerie_number-1-2-here1.jpg
> > my_image_gallerie_number-1-2-here2.jpg
> >
> > I think some software got confused with the last part of the filenames.
> >
> Try loading the files via the fileselector, and then again with AV or drag'n
> drop and see if there's any difference. I don't think there's anything the
> kernel can do about problems like this.

I don't think the kernel can do anything about it as you said. I was just
stating that the software "compiled/ closed source/ still irreplacable"
might get confused. Anyone can disassemble few of the tools, patch them,
and release them so the kernel can be updated without thinking about this
"old/badly written software" too much.