Re: [MiNT] cross compiler for m68k-atari-mint on x86-linux

On Sun, Oct 22, 2000 at 11:59:04AM -0700, ryan daum wrote:

> I also grabbed mintlib and the gcc 2.95.2 patches, and I have been trying
> for a long time now to get a successful compile of it, with no luck.  i've
> tried various variations, and i always get errors with includes (stdio)
> and a dozen and a half missing macros or function calls... i'm tried

Did you read the cross-gcc FAQ?

There are two gotchas that I remember:
 - after ./configuring for a cross target, call
   make LANGUAGES="c c++"  (or "c")
   (different from a native compiler)
 - the build process expects the target include files in the path which you
   specified with --prefix=/some/where, so you should put the MiNT include
   files there.

The easiest method to build a cross compiler is to use the "one-tree build",
which merges gcc, binutils and newlib into a single source path, where
everything is configures and built in one go (you can forget newlib for a
MiNT target, but this combination is often used for embedded targets and you
have a high probability of getting a working compiler this way).

The one-tree.sh script is mentioned somewhere in the cross-gcc FAQ, look on
objsw.com if you can't locate it, if that fails too, I can send you a copy
which I used for a.out/elf cross-compilers for various targets.

cu
Michael