Re: [MiNT] Weird MiNT-net problem

on Mon 28-08-2000 06:36 Odd Skancke wrote:

>Nice to know someone is using my xdd ;-) This xdd will run fine on a TT
>too, so you can try it there and see if it makes a diff...

I've done so much experiences the last few days I can't recall me the
details anymore but I thought I'd a few problems with your scc.xdd on
the TT. OTOH, on the Hades your scc.xdd works just fine.
In the meanwhile the whole setup has been ameliorated so I could give
your scc.xdd a new try.
a few minutes later

He, your scc.xdd works great on the TT030 too. The logfile reports the
right speed. Even Coma and Connect 95 seems to work (they work with
the original scc.xdd too).

>Btw, Martin, what is wrong with your Hades, if you have any idea?

Something wrong with that big Xilinx chip. The Hades is completely
dead. BTW: this is already the second time that this has happened.

>If you have to send it to Fredi, make sure you also get a full
>upgrade of the chips. I'm working on Sound Blaster AudioPCI drivers
>(ES1371 based cards) which works perfect on my Hades, and I think it
>works decent on Frank's Milan. But two other ppl testing the driver
>can't use it, and they both have old motherboards (Can't use EDO ram,
>for example).

No, I haven't sended the Hades to Fredi because I really don't know
how to disassemble the Hades. Oh maybe I would be able to dismount the
motherboard but certainly I wouldn't be able to place all the pieces
back on the right spot on the motherboard back on his place. For my
it's already a nightmare if I've to put a new PCI-card into the Hades.
This is the mean reason why the ethernet card still doesn't work. I've
to swap the ethernet card and the graphic card from place and I really
don't dare to do that.

Instead of that I've choosen to bring the Hades myself to Axel
Gehringer (I had some days off left). Unfortunately Axel wasn't able
to repair the Hades at once, as the damage was to serious. I hope Axel
will receive a new motherboard from Fredi before wednesday, otherwise
I'll have to wait a few weeks longer as Axel goes on holiday on
thursday.
The motherboard I've contains the latest Xilinx chips and EDO-RAM.
Whilst the Hades is at Axel's I've ask if he could rearrange the
cooling fan so that it would be possible to use more then two
PCI-cards. I also hopes that I finally will be able to use the
ethernetcard.

CU
Martin

--
             *****Greetings from Okami Newsreader*****
             ** On the seventh day He created Atari **