Re: [MiNT] SpareMiNT INIT

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 09:00:10PM +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I got so far as to creating my own init scripts in /etc/init.d/,
> /etc/rcS.d/ and /etc/rc[2-6].d/ which work rather well.
>
> What still fails:
>
> * Starting vconsd

I can't test that because I never got vcons working.

> * Starting N.AES on console

That worked here.

> I suppose that requires hacking into /etc/inittab, but since the
> man pages are still generic Unix ones, it's rather difficult to
> figure out how and where vconsd and N.AES should be started.
>
> Any help from anyone who dared try Guido's beta and succeeded is
> definitely welcome.

Even the author hasn't succeded. ;-)

The main reason why the init stuff is already present on the server
is that many people requested to take a look at the sources and
try them out.

But: mint-init is pre-pre-alpha, known to be buggy, non-functional
and there is no support for it, sorry.

Ciao

Guido